D.Technical Requirements and Measurement
08 Measuring Method
Please click a question to see the answer.
- In measuring visual display unit I am supposed to continuously scroll down repeated “H” patterns in a full screen mode. Now, my display has three cursor sizes, full size, half size, 1/4 size. Question here is, with which cursor size should I display repeated pattern of letter “H”?
- We are a display manufacturer. In case we measure our product standalone for report of conformity verification in our brand, we cannot define the signal source. We use a so-called universal signal source for experiments. Can we submit a report of conformity verification with results of measurement done in this fashion? do we need to use a real signal source commercially available? If I need to do so, we will have to use a CAD/CAM system for which our high-resolution display is mainly designed. Do you expect us to purchase such an expensive system just for submit report of conformity verification to VCCI?
- We have developed a mobile terminal connectable to a cellular phone for data communication. Do we need to measure the terminal in data communication mode with cellular phone?
- We have a printer connected to a HUB and PC installed 50-meter away via LAN cable. We measure the printer as EUT without changing this situation of installation. Is this measurement acceptable?
- In our test, we measure the radiated disturbance by automated antenna sweeping from 30 MHz to 1 GHz using a broadband antenna (bi-log antenna). Then we target frequencies with high peaks and measure QP values at those frequency points using a dipole antenna Is there any problem in this method?
- If we use a test method prescribed in ANSI standard for VCCI conformity verification report, do you accept the measurement distance of 3 meters?